2024 Euro's

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would love to. Not sure I can. I need to decide what to do for an Autumn euro (if any)

Hi guys,

I've booked Brno and Slovakia ring back to back in June with NL if anyone is on either event. The Mrs is tagging along also so we're heading over a few days early and heading to Budapest and Prague to do the touristy thing :)
I've booked the Brno trip making it about the fith time there. I did the double last year and although great I'm just too old to do back to backs anymore. The hotels in Slovakia are a bit naff. I've done both. The one at the track is convenient but the hotel doesn't really have a bar and is miles from anywhere and the other is on the outskirts of the city and a pain to drive into but has a good night life.

Boooked Brno in June and Catalunya Sept with NL.
Just come back from Navarra. They are changing the lay out again later in the year which is good as I wouldn't be in a rush to go back.

I've booked the Brno trip making it about the fith time there. I did the double last year and although great I'm just too old to do back to backs anymore. The hotels in Slovakia are a bit naff. I've done both. The one at the track is convenient but the hotel doesn't really have a bar and is miles from anywhere and the other is on the outskirts of the city and a pain to drive into but has a good night life.
Thanks for the heads up. I was definitely worried about the back to back being of a certain age myself but thought sod it you don't have to do every session.
Can I ask what tyres you run and how many you would advise taking for the two trips? I'll be heading over with Dunlop KR's but unsure how many I'll need, I'm just switching to them from Pirelli as I can't make them last.

I run in fast group with whatever I can get hold of cheapest at the time. Even Pirelli on front Dunlop on back. All manner of scenarios lol
Hard to say as I don't know your pace. I generally take a new front and 2 rears everywhere per 3 days everywhere. Usually works and just buy another out there if desperate.
Dunlops are my favourite whatever range. Even the treaded 213 has plenty of grip and lasts well. Recently been using the V02's and getting good wear. I'm 61 now and don't do every session or even full ones. Might explain why they're lasting longer these days lol.
I can't remember either track being particularly hard on them

I run in fast group with whatever I can get hold of cheapest at the time. Even Pirelli on front Dunlop on back. All manner of scenarios lol
Hard to say as I don't know your pace. I generally take a new front and 2 rears everywhere per 3 days everywhere. Usually works and just buy another out there if desperate.
Dunlops are my favourite whatever range. Even the treaded 213 has plenty of grip and lasts well. Recently been using the V02's and getting good wear. I'm 61 now and don't do every session or even full ones. Might explain why they're lasting longer these days lol.
I can't remember either track being particularly hard on them
Jesus 61 and still getting stuck in and he's me whining because I'm nearly 50. Yeah I run in the fast group too but my pace has picked up a little in the last few years so tyres are becoming a bit of a challenge. I was advised of a TD slick for Andalucia last year and destroyed it by lunchtime on my little 750... Thanks for the advice and I'll hopefully catch up for a beer in Brno

Latest posts

Back