675 Miler 4th and 5th June

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Cracking trip Sat and Sun there, me and two mates ...Keith on a GS1200 and Craig on CBR600F....

Here's our route.. https://goo.gl/maps/LCkSBxtLcLM2

Overnight stop at Ullapool via Green Welly, Fort William, A87 Kyle of Lochalsh, Applecross, then the coast road round to Gairloch and the Ullapool.

Day 2 we left Ullapool, headed to Durness hugging the coast to Tongue (The shop that sells I love Tongue stickers was closed)..down to Lairg, Bonar Bridge (Lovely wee place) and on to Inverness, I split from the guys at Inverness as they were staying at Ullapool again and going to Lewis and Skye on the Monday.

I had a bit of freedom then so put the beast to work down the 82 Loch Ness side, the rear tyre wasn't in great shape before I left, I pulled into Drumnadrochit after the Loch Ness stretch, it was nicely feathered on both sides, and looked fine to me, tell you what those M7RRs are superb, I did feel it squirm tho under hard acceleration...anyhow, made it home around 7ish...shattered..

Here's the images, they are a bit all over the shop, I used to use my phone to post but can't now...so hope these links work.

Hers some images, zoom in on the ones with the Deer, I just caught a straggler leaping over the fence in front of me, there was about 20 all leaped the fence as we pulled up...amazing

https://goo.gl/photos/4Aqr73xKavSU3e24A

So pulled the bike out tonight to wash it, I'm thinking the brakes are binding to find the rear flat as a pancake.. lucky boy ! Great Tyres

Last edited:
that's a great run stu, am jealous lol , funny you should mention the shop that sells I love tongue sticker, the company I work for supplies them lol. can't see your pics mate?

what a run man! am going to save that map , defo doing that before the years out mate

Mate do it, but in 2 days it's a bit of a killer. They two are on Skye the night... I went for a shower when I came in and woke up lying on top of my bed at 4.30am Monday...lol

Lot of single track roads, but virtually zero traffic...it's like a lunar landscape up there... amazing

Last edited:
BTW I reckon I've done conservatively 3k plus on that rear, maybe even 4k. They haven't let up once, even when I clearly lost some pressure on way home.

Nice pics and that's a cracking ride. Me and a couple pals did the same a couple of years back. We stayed over at Skye the first night and Tongue the 2nd night though. Awesome roads and scenery.

Some mileage and nice pics. You were lucky with the weather this time, absolutely beautiful.
Thanks for sharing.

That's a good run out, doing something similar next month but in the opposite direction with the boys from work, overnight stay in Ulapool on the 1st day.

Shit, got some serious competition for the Pic of the month!!

Epic roads and scenery!

Cheers lads... it was a brilliant outing.... if anyone's heading up there make sure your tyres are in good nick, the road surfaces on the single tracks are quite course and there's miles upon miles of them...

I never thought about Pic of the month...hmmm maybe I'll slot one in Alex..

Last edited:
Back