Alex's 2023 Gen 5

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The new hotness...

Looks lovely Alex...First Black bike I have owned and yes nightmare. PPF mine soon as a I got it now all good.

Been offered a deal to swap but do not see the point only having mine coming up to a year.

I was about to try and PPF it when I found the damage. At that point I just decided it needs to go to a detailer for a paint correction and then have them fit it...I make a pigs ear of it every time, it's torture to me, I see every imperfection.
I tried 2 different screen protectors and ripped both off.
Eazi-Grip PPF Screen protector. The fluid they supply with it makes a terrible mess after you have squeezed it all out. Heat didn't improve it. Binned it.
Speedo Angel. Was fine but clearly I'm in a dusty environment despite not breathing, barely moving, isopropyling the heck out of the screen I ended up with dust attached could never get it to apply cleanly. That stuff is a real trigger for me, can't bear any defect in this films, phone too. So I gave up - if I need a new screen in the future, so be it.

Yes I went through two kits lol...Got angry and tore them off, Black is the worst colour not sure why i did it to myself lol.

I found doing it warm sun the best out come and been good since

Happier note. Got a few little bits on.

Second hand: Bag, Carbon front and rear guards.

New: Gilles tie down pillion bars / stomp grips

ad64093d59c3359ac0b50dbe6de85967.jpg

f72bcdaa5ce1067e8abaa0d853f22fd9.jpg

5c602e1fdbf1ac46cbacd843a0e72051.jpg
ab632b9181b59a4ddf8f9eeeb9f71a6d.jpg

fe6fc674e8af18d5474adbf80c13d973.jpg

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Looks great! What brand of carbon fibre is that, please?

Hope you've all been enjoying some seat time this Easter!

Been riding around North Norfolk today.

400 miles still to do for break in....

a09546474fd2729ed456e506a862784e.jpg

cbf8ec6ffb6c10dae4d3dba9d281cc38.jpg

117eeb5497bbaad2147bcdde5de7bad2.jpg

aec64897ef5fbf26b5f57288e674a0c9.jpg

Last edited:

Todays learnings.
My right knee needs me to get a higher seat (no discomfort in the current seat itself, just need less leg bend).

Do not get the tail Go Pro holder and use any form of arm on it.

I used a 6inch arm to hold my Insta360 on it and it snapped clean off...wasn't even throwing it around.

I would say only directly mount a camera and ideally make sure its light, like a Hero Session 5 or the new mini.
a4d3a72ca1f83fe193926e2855aadf7d.jpg

50e100ee73418eb57f10010f94fb2369.jpg

9c904bf9fb5e002fcce33b00b659f6b9.jpg

Last edited:

There are 3 pieces to order.
1. Carbon cowl (optional, can use original).
2. The mini cover plastic carbon which is covering the gps unit.
3. The gopro mount, which bolts to the clamshell.

Its not faulty its just shit and weak. Others in the US snapped theirs too.

I was just thinking of contacting kelfab about making a metal version...

Thats a pisser re the paint marks, you can clearly see them in your pictures. It takes the shine (literally) off getting a brand new bike. Not acceptable.

I have a question! Is the DDC exactly the same as the Gen 4? Is it possible to alter the damping at all in the road modes or is it set to what BMW think you want. That might be a bit further through the owners hand book than you've managed to get so far ??
Finally went in and configured Race Pro 1/2 modes (I disabled Race and Dynamic, leaving Rain and Road).

Could not see a way to edit rain/road.

Really should get the 2D mounted...

a28b0e1cdaf69908bd7800e49f41639f.jpg

Last edited:

It's quick up through the gears eh ?..I thought mine picked up nice and clean and had smooth throughput on the box, the shift cam worked great.

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

It's quick up through the gears eh ?..I thought mine picked up nice and clean and had smooth throughput on the box, the shift cam worked great..

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

The Gen 5 '23+ does indeed have a revised head with the port geometry from the K66 and a modest 2.5Hp more. I'm still limited to 9000 so I still don't know what shiftcam is like, but honestly the thing feels bonkers in the lower gears. Roll ons are good, I don't think it likes being below 2500 rpm but I can't blame it....it's a racer. I think RS2E would do a better job on the initial crack of the throttle. Gearbox is smooth in the main, sometimes get a bit of a jolt as it shifts but that could be from many factors (throttle opening, road surface, how I shifted). Rattles up the gears in quick order. Finding Neutral is reassuringly frustrating. 2 -> N whilst rolling still seems best.

To break it in I'm sticking to B-roads mainly and trying to make sure there are plenty of WOT (wide open throttle), maximum combustion pressure moments...coming out of villages ;). Constant RPM's are the enemy so it's just blat, village, blat, village.

Back